Buxfer lets you upload statements downloaded from your bank's website or other financial softwares like Quicken, Money, Mint.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download my bank statement?
To download your statement form your bank's website, follow these steps:
- Login to the online banking website for your financial institution.
- Search for a link named 'Download' or 'Export'.
- Select the desired time period."
- Select one of these formats: Quicken, MS Money, Quickbooks, OFX, QIF, QFX, IIF, Excel, CSV
(Note that exact steps may vary depending on the online banking interface your bank provides.)
What statement formats are supported for upload?
The following file formats are supported for upload:
- Quicken (.ofx, .qfx, .qif)
- Microsoft Money (.ofx)
- Quickbooks (.iif)
- Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .csv)
- Mint.com data file (.csv)
Do you store any private information in the transactions I upload?
For OFX/QFX files, we store the following fields:
- TRNTYPE - transaction type
- DTPOSTED - date on which transaction was posted
- DTUSER - date on which transaction was initiated
- TRNAMT - amount of the transaction
- NAME - description
- MEMO - additional description
- CURDEF - currency
For QIF files, we store the following fields:
- D - date on which transaction was posted
- T - transaction amount
- N - check number
- P - description
- M - memo (additional description)